Qualifications/Experience and Competencies
- Minimum MBBS with Masters in Public health or similar qualifications.
- Minimum of 2 years and above of professional experience after registration
- Full Medical Council registration
- Medical doctor with broad medical experience (including infectious diseases, paediatrics, palliative care, public health, general medicine, radiology)
- Clinical and management experience of TB.
- Leadership, and effective negotiation skills;
- Ability to manage National staff MD’s
- Experience and interest in working and constructively participating within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Interest in the current developments and research of TB and treatment.
- Ability and patience to adapt working style – not hands-on, working as a coach/on-the-job trainer;
- Ability to work independently, proactively identifying and addressing issues.
- An understanding of and commitment to the aims and values of MSF
- Outlook, Word, Excel, and all other basic office software (required)
- Experience in clinical management of DR-TB and HIV/AIDS.
- Experience in public health is an asset.
- Knowledge in Russian, French, Arabic language is an asset.
What Do We Offer
MSF packages reflect the humanitarian spirit of volunteerism as well as recognising the high level of professionals we recruit.
- Round trip economy air travel;
- Accommodation and transportation during your contract (including briefings and debriefings);
- Monthly indemnity based on your experience and MSF salary structure;
- Field Per diem allowance in local currency based on the cost of living in project country;
- Insurance covering health, luggage, professional liability, repatriation, accidents and flights;
- Pre- and post-mission health checks.
Career with MSF
Besides the practical considerations, there are many intangible benefits. Working for MSF is a challenging and rewarding personal and professional experience that allows you to help people in a very real way. MSF encourages field workers to continue working for the organisation beyond their first mission, and we offer various career opportunities to our field workers.
Gaining more and varied MSF field experience makes you eligible for coordination positions in the mission such as Logistical, Medical, or Project Coordinator, or Head of Mission.