Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is hiring Medical Doctors and Nurses for its COVID-19 response in Mumbai and other locations.
In India, in addition to the resumption of COVID-19 intervention, MSF continues to work across nine states to provide mental healthcare, treatment for infectious diseases, drug-resistant tuberculosis, sexual violence and HIV.
Apply to work with MSF
- Minimum qualification: MBBS. Specialization in pulmonology/chest medicine, Internal Medicine or Emergency Medicine is desirable
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience.
- Medical Council registration
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Availability for a minimum period of 3-4 months
- ICU experience if present is an added advantage
- COVID IPD experience and mentoring/training experience if present is an added advantage.
Main Purpose of the Role
- Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the health conditions of the patients.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Provide technical support for the clinical management of COVID patients, including a timely indication of oxygen/ventilatory support according to MoH protocols;
- Identify the gaps in the setup and organization of care (including the oxygen supply, infection control etc) in the Moderate cases and suggest solutions
- Recognize the mental health needs of patients under their care and together with the psychologists develop plans for intervention and ensure follow up.
- Implement bedside training and supervision strategy according to MoH/ MSF protocols to improve the quality of case management for moderate COVID 19.
What We Offer
- A monthly salary as per MSF salary grid.
- Air travel back and forth to the project.
- Accommodation and meals
- Medical Reimbursement including dependents
- Personal Accidental Insurance including dependent
- These positions are open to Indian Nationals only
- Based upon the requirements in the field and if your CV is a match, we will get in touch with you.
- As this recruitment is for specific emergency response on COVID-19, it is important that staff only apply for this position if they do not have one of the major risk factors for COVID namely existing cardiac complications, diabetes, hypertension, and pregnancy.
To apply please email your updated CV with the subject Ref: Medical Doctor (COVID-19 Intervention) to: